Licensing and Training Services

Tel: 01723 864835
Mob: 07920 090709

Services - O'Brien

Licensing Services

Premises Licenses – Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005

We can complete and submit all relevant application forms required under the above acts. This includes licenses to permit the following:

Licensable Activities

  • Sale of alcohol – for any type of premises both indoor and outdoor
  • Supply of alcohol in club premises
  • Provision of late night refreshment (selling hot food and drink, 11pm to 5am)
  • Provision of regulated entertainment eg. Live music – singers and bands etc.
  • Recorded music – DJ’s
  • Dancing – watching or participating
  • Plays
  • Films
  • Indoor sporting events eg. Snooker exhibitions Darts Competitions etc.
  • Boxing or Wrestling

Gambling Act 2005

All types of licences for the following premises:

  • Casinos • Betting shops • Bingo halls • Family entertainment centres
  • Amusement arcades • Adult gaming centres • Pubs and clubs

Personal Licences

This is a mandatory requirement for any person wishing to become a Designated Premises Supervisor or any person who wishes to authorise the sale of alcohol. You must be over 18, and you must hold an accredited course, like our BIIAB NCPLH course, which you can find on the training page.

Club Registration Certificates/Club Rule Amendments

For private members clubs including sports clubs, political clubs, British Legion, working men’s clubs, miner’s welfare institutions etc.

We deal with the complex issue of the writing of new club rules, including those rules required by the financial services authority, and the updating of existing club rules (The Licensing Act 2003 addresses issues relating to the purchase of alcohol by non club members and club rules should subsequently be amended to reflect this change).

Temporary Event Notices

Required for unlicensed premises, eg village halls, church halls, community centres, schools etc., where any of the licensable activities (listed above) are to be provided.

Also required for licensed premises who wish to extend their ‘permitted’ hours for the sale of alcohol, entertainment etc. or to add additional activities.

Training Courses

Please access the training page for more details.

Health & Safety

We can carry out health and safety risk assessments on all types of premises as required by all relevant legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Licensing Act.

Fire Safety

We can carry out fire safety risk assessments on all types of premises to comply with all relevant legislation. We also ensure that the ‘responsible person’ is fully aware of and competent to carry out their responsibilities.

Police & Local Authorities

Specialist training to officers and elected council members who deal with licensing and gambling related issues.

Wedding Licences & Civil Partnerships Ceremonies

We can obtain the necessary permissions for all types of premises, including hotels, restaurants, sports grounds/stadiums and theatres.

Outdoor Events & Music Festivals

We are able to assist organisations in the planning of events from the smallest village fête to large events such as Glastonbury ‘type’ music festivals.

Planning Applications

We can submit planning applications to the relevant authorities for either new or existing premises including ‘change of use’. We can arrange for scale plans to be drawn.

Food Hygiene

We can enable you to obtain food hygiene and food safety certification.

Read what people have been saying about O’Brien Licensing and Training Services

Go to our Testimonials Page